SEO Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between Organic SEO and Local SEO?
- Organic SEO is location neutral. It’s ideal for websites that generate revenue exclusively online or are looking to generate awareness through a wider audience. If you’re running a national campaign, or an e-commerce campaign, this is the perfect solution for you.
- Local SEO targets local search specifically. This means that your audience is within a few miles of your business and your online presence is meant to drive foot traffic to an actual establishment. Local is done through several methods including using geo-centric keywords, producing locally relevant content, building citations in local niches and directories, and tying up with websites in the same area.
2. Do you guarantee rankings?
- Organic rankings are primarily influenced by the various Search Algorithms that are impossible to completely manipulate or predict. Our methodology works by leveraging as many of the proven search metrics to your advantage as possible. We aim to make your business the most relevant result for a specific search query or Keyword. We provide best-of-breed solutions to all our clients, and openly discuss the bigger picture and what to expect. Like all reputable SEO Companies, we don’t guarantee rankings. In fact, if anyone offers you “guaranteed rankings” the best-suggested practice is to avoid.
3. How soon do I rank?
- As a general rule, we recommend a six month period to see positive results in a campaign. How quickly you rank depends on over 200 metrics and how many are inherently present in your site from the time the project starts.
- No 6-month period will pass where no positive results are delivered; however, significant traffic increases are dependent on your location, keywords, your site’s authority and age, and other factors.
- Inherently powerful websites can see results as quickly as 60 days. Entirely new websites may take up to 1 year to see a significant number of terms appear in the first page and the top 3 positions in search.
4. Do you cover CMS other than WordPress?
- We are able to implement on almost any PHP based platform, technology, or anything that runs on open source technology. We are not able to implement on Microsoft technology or Microsoft powered websites because of technology incompatibility between those sites and our servers. Due to the training and experience of our team and WordPress’ ease of use, we offer implementation of our recommendations on WordPress websites as an added value.
- Charges will apply when the optimization of your site requires development changes such as new page building outside of the WordPress CMS capability, custom post page types in WordPress, implementation in native PHP, HTML, Drupal, Magento, Joomla and other platforms. To know if we shoulder the cost of implementation, please consult your Project Manager.
5. What is the difference between on-page and off-page optimization?
- On-Page optimization is working on elements within a website that make it favorable in the eyes of a search engine such as Google. This includes providing structure for the data on your website, optimizing the content to be more Google-readable, aligning all the content of the site to be more focused on certain topics you want to rank, and inserting mark-ups and snippets that would be displayed in search engine results once your website appears.
- Off-Page optimization involves SEO activities that do not involve working with the actual website itself.
- Link building is at the core of SEO and we deliver on this through various methods. Our methods include placing articles in relevant publications, reaching out to relevant blogs to carry articles, and building citations on powerful websites such as Yelp that point back to your own site.
- We provide a wide variety of services that help increase and improve your business’ digital footprint – see our pricing plans for full details.
Further Information/ Downloads
To help you understand our SEO services in more detail, we’ve prepared a series of guides for you.
Click on the appropriate link below and your PDF will open in a separate tab.